Bringing community back to the heart of parenting.
Families Together Suffolk Vacancy
Can you help families through the challenges of early parenthood?
Wanted: Family Support Coordinator to be based in Central and East Suffolk
Part time for 30 hours per week worked over 4 days.
Commencing £23,541 pro rata.
Benefits include 5% employers pension based 3% employee contributions, 7 weeks holiday and flexible working.
We are a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with young children. We require a new team member to maintain a high standard of practise, supporting families and volunteers within the ethos of Families Together Suffolk through 1 to 1 home-visiting and group-based work. The role will be working with families who have a child or children up to the age of 12 and tailoring support to their needs through the use of our services and external organisations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the needs of children and families
- Have experience of parenting or caring for children
- Hold a relevant qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above and at least 2 years’ experience of employment or voluntary work in family support
- Be able to work on their own initiative, responding to families’ needs and providing feedback and support to families to achieve their goals
- Have a proven ability to enhance and develop partnership working
- Work well as part of a team and to overcome the issues of remote working in the community and working from home.
You will have access to our office in Eye however the majority of the work will be undertaken in the community with other work based at home. Due to the rural nature of the areas we work in the applicant will require a full, current driving licence and have access to a car. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS. Families Together is committed to equal opportunities and to safer recruitment practice as part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.
Closing date for completed application forms to be received is Sunday 21 August 2022. Application forms should be returned via email to: email@example.com
Families Together Suffolk registered charity no. 1127760.
A company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales no. 6674059. Registered office: 20 Broad Street, Eye, Suffolk IP23 7AF